Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Race Shirt of the Day; May 25, 2021


Going to start something new here as I really need to work through all of my old race shirts and get them out to somebody who can use them.

Therefore, my goal each day is to snapshot a (or) picture(s) of a previous race shirt and share it.

Today's is from Saturday, June 4, 2014 in Tyrone, Pennsylvania, my hometown.

It was just about two months after my grandfather had passed away in early April before his 91st birthday.  I went back to visit and spend some time with my grandmother.

The race - the Faith Day 10K - was put on by the Joshua House, a non-profit youth outreach whose mission is to help youth find purpose.


It started near downtown off 10th Street, down Park Avenue (past two places where my family lived) and then out 3rd Street W which became Hoover's Lane.  There I ran by my great aunt Jane's house that she shared with her son, Doug, and family friend, Pat.

The course was flat until we got out on 3rd Street where we started to get a little terrain, plus I think we had to do a little section off of it - to get the distance right - that included an incline.


Now you got it all back, but on a warm day you felt like you lost time.

The next day, I went to Clearfield, where I participated in the Royal 5K.

Saturday's 10K was in 1:06:01 followed by a 32:08 effort on Sunday.

Good memories.

No comments: