Thursday, May 20, 2021

Another Double on Thursday; May 20, 2021


My evening didn’t go as planned, but it still worked out alright.

The last two nights I’ve gone to a movie at Cinemark 17 in The Woodlands and then planned to walk (Tuesday) and did walk (Wednesday).

I was going to see “Final Account”, a movie with “never-before-seen” interviews with the last living generation of Hitler’s Third Reich.

Bought the ticket online and when I went out to start my car, the starter died.

I do not drive anything fancy.  In fact, I drive free:  my grandmother’s 2010 Hyundai Sonata.

So Waverly took me out to the airport to rent a car for the week.

When I got there, the buses were picking up people to take to the airport on the ground level.  Odd.  It was chaos.

Turns out, fuses blew and there was no power in the entire Rental Car Center building.

The depots with each car company on the ground level was and there were ferociously long lines.

Fortunately, I’m a Budget Fastbreak member and was able to bypass that, get my car and head to The Woodlands.

I got on The Waterway a little before 9 p.m. and got my four miles in in 59:57.98.

Out – 31:21.25 (2.07 miles for 15:09 pace)
Back – 28:36.73 (1.93 miles for 14:50 pace)

Total = 59:57.98 (4 miles for 14:59.5 pace)

GVRAT miles = 103.121
On pace at 20 days = 101.80

As I made my way to the turnaround where Barry Blanton’s “Some Like It Hot” aid station is for Ironman Texas – something that I may not be at this year, I saw a marriage proposal right about where I announce from each year.

I offered my congratulations.

Also Oak Ridge High School was having its 2021 graduation at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion and as I was going back by Town Green Park, I had to navigate many folks.

Huntsville’s Ken Johnson was telling me last night that his family was going to be in that crowd tonight as his grandson was graduating.

Earlier in the week, his son was getting his Criminal Justice degree from Sam Houston State University.

And Sunday, Ken moves into a new age group, 80-84, as he celebrates a birthday with my daughter.

Have a great Friday.  

And please continue to keep me in your prayers.  

No comments: