Monday, May 24, 2021

Monday Four; May 24, 2021


Was going to try and brisk walk eight miles for the fifth day in six, but it wasn't to be.

My first toe to the left of my big toe on my left foot got a blister yesterday or the day before and it makes it a little bit less pleasant to walk even though I have it bandaged up fairly well.

Parked midway near the Riva Row Boathouse again, since rain was in the air, and headed toward Interstate 45 out to the Some Like It Hot aid station for Ironman and then took the northern route to Fleet Feet at Hughes Landing.

Out - 13:03.67 + 17:34.30 = 30:37.97
Back - 29:17.07 
Total = 59:55.04 (14:59 pace)

GVRAT miles = 126.751 
On pace at 24 days = 126.47 based on 642.9 miles

Had to run a little back back to the starting point on the return as the rain started to pickup and I didn't carry my jacket, but it was time to go anyways.

Trying to figure out where I'm going to run this weekend.

I have one long option and that's 5K in Laredo and then pick up some counties on Saturday and maybe Sunday.

Another is to return to Gustine for the third straight year in a row for the 7K there.  It was the first race back in Texas after the pandemic.

And to stay even closer is to run a 5K in Giddings, or actually the small community of Serbin.

Who knows?  I tend to make it up as I go.

Oh, I uploaded my first activity to Strava, which made my route out to be 4.22 miles.  It is already making me faster.  :-)

And I will end up my 4/25 to 5/24 reporting period with 147.11 combined miles -- 62.42 running and 84.69 walking (to break a sweat).  Beats the previous high of 142.92, set in the same time period a year ago.

If I get on the bike for 11.5 miles, I can go over 300 "on my feet" and cycling mile for the time period for the first time ever.

I think I'll be happy with a new record of 288.56 miles.

I'm seeing a little bit of a difference.  If I can keep it up, hoping for a big physical different at the end of August.  We'll see.

No comments: