Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Just Another Four on Tuesday; May 25, 2021


A pretty calm day and a quiet evening.  Rain had pretty much passed when I started walking The Woodlands Waterway at about 8:20 p.m.

Earlier in the evening, I was part of an online Zoom book launch call for former The Woodlands resident Trace Sherer and his new book, "Nerves of Steel", and the lessons that he learned from his MS diagnosis that helped him stay positive and long outlast the doctor's original life forecast for him.

It was good to be able to support somebody who truly appreciated it and had nothing to offer in return other than a friendly, cheerful disposition, which was perfect.

I put in 10 minutes on the rower and 30 minutes on the Air Assault bike for 10.2 miles, during which I added about 40 pages of "A Most Beautiful Thing:  The True Story of America's First All-Black High School Rowing Team" by Arshay Cooper.

On The Waterway, the time looked like this:

Out - 31:35.50
Back - 29:37.37 
Total = 1:01:12.87 (15:18 pace)

The current total running and walking miles for the month of May so far look like this:

GVRAT miles = 130.751 
On pace at 25 days = 127.25 based on 621 miles (6.2 miles = 10K; 1000K)
Behind pace at 25 days = 131.74 based on 642.9 miles

I'm either going to go Laredo or Cibolo Saturday morning and then likely Waco Sunday morning for a 10K, but until I switch my rental car on Thursday it will still be up in the air.

Laredo's a five-hour drive Friday evening, but I can pick up some counties on Saturday.

I could also catch a game out in Alpine at Kokernot Field Saturday night, but that's a haul back in on Sunday.  We'll see.  I have time.

No comments: