Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Pressing The Reset Button; May 19, 2021


In many ways, I'm a complete nobody and am comfortable with that.  

I know that you're probably saying to yourself, "Isn't Jon being hard on himself?"

Actually I'm being a bit facetious.

Look, what nobody knows is that I've had a situation in our endurance sports community that's been running me ragged.

My first piece of advice to anybody is this:  The first opportunity that you have to return a text, an e-mail, a Facebook messenger, please do so.  

Even if you're answer is "No" and whatever explanation that you wish to put behind it, just make it happen.  Be a man or a woman and just take care of it.

The situation that, as it spiraled out of control, caused me some very dark moments at the hands of an individual in The Woodlands, Spring and Montgomery County endurance sports community was absolutely unnecessary.

I expected better and I was disappointed.  I don't think that they're somebody that I can ever trust again.

And in the end, as a result of a number of things that transpired over the last seven months, it has cost me much, but I will be in a much healthier space in the days, weeks and months to come.

And the price may become higher, but time will tell on that.

While I think there are so many great aspects about our athletic communities, there's so much dysfunction as well.  And it is sad to see.

I have no major goals other than to stay as healthy and happy as I possibly can.

I've been fortunate enough to finish 54 marathons in 34 states.  Some were great and some weren't pretty.

I've also seen my daughter, before she turned 25, finish her first two marathons.

She also has 15 half marathons to her credit and has a goal to add 15 more over the next four years to get to 50 before she turns 50.

So you may very well get very bored or you may have fun following along.

Last year, during the pandemic, I signed up for the first annual Great Virtual Run Across Tennessee, an attempt to log 1,000 kilometers between May 1 and August 31.  

I signed up 19 days late and was behind the eight ball when I burned out about 45 days in.

I'm in for the second edition and am close to being on track.

I had 18 consecutive days in from April 30 to May 17, before taking a break Tuesday night because of the inclement weather and needing to discussion a major situation at hand with my daughter.

More to come.  Thanks for reading and your support.

No comments: