Friday, May 21, 2021

Friday Morning Four; May 21, 2021


It takes me about 10-12 minutes to get from my house just off FM 2920 and Holzwarth to The Woodlands Mall parking lot where I start by four-mile out-and-back run or walk.

I got on the The Woodlands Waterway pathway at about 6:20 a.m. and ran to the Fleet Feet location in Hughes Landing and back.  My normal route.

Not a ton of activity this morning.  A couple of people running, but nobody I knew.

I haven't had my first real test of passing certain people from within a group that has forced me to step away from the community for some time.  

I saw one runner from the group the other night when I was walking, I hollered at them but they had their earpieces in and was moving at a pretty good clip.  I had reached out electronically and shared a short, yet always positive conversation.  The individual is probably the antithesis of the problem that I've been working on losing permanently.

Even though the temperature this morning wasn't oppressive, the humidity seemed to be in full force again, for the second morning in a row.  I was soaked when I finished.

Out – 21:36.93 (2.07 miles for 10:27 pace)
Back – 20:11.16 (1.93 miles for 10:27 pace)

Total = 41:48.09 (4 miles for 10:27 pace)

GVRAT miles = 107.121
On pace at 20 days = 106.89

I did get a piece of news this morning about the fall schedule for me announcing.

I learned that the UIL Region III Preview meet will be hosted once again by Sam Houston State University's men's and women's track and field and cross country teams at Kate Barr Ross Park on Saturday, September 18, 2021.

It will be on the same day as Ten For Texas, which means that I will be in Huntsville.

I currently have a call into Megan Meaux with The Woodlands Township Parks & Recreation Department to make them aware of the conflict.  This is only an issue because Ironman Texas is being held on Ten For Texas' normal day.  I hope to be able to return to the event in 2022.

Have a good rest of the day here on Friday. 

No comments: