Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Doubled It Up On Wednesday; May 19, 2021


So what are my goals?  I don't know.  Really.

I don't have any burning desire to achieve anything.  Why?  Not sure.

There isn't any athletic item that I need to do to make me feel better about myself.

Besides, after God calls me home one day, there isn't going to be some athletic leaderboard that I'm going to be judged on.  Although many seem to do that here.

There's never anything wrong with trying to beat a certain time in a race.  I try to every one I run whether I have a chance or not, but I'm not going to mess up a day, week, month or year if I don't.

So, for me, it is just about keeping at doing something.

So what have I done the last two days?

Tuesday, May 18, I was pretty burned up over some information that came to me mid-to-late Monday evening.  I was up early and got in 8.2 miles cycling on my Air Assault bike, covering 24 minutes and five seconds.

Later that evening I was going to run or walk after a movie that I saw at Cinemark 17 in The Woodlands, but I felt like I needed to discuss some things with Waverly about some decisions that I made earlier in the day, and then the weather picked up from there.

By not running or walking, I broke an 18-day streak that I had going.

Earlier this morning, after languishing in bed a little bit, I went and brisk walked my four-mile route on The Woodlands Waterway, had breakfast and made it back here to start work just after 8 a.m.

I wore my heavier rain jacket from The Woodlands Marathon which just kept the heavier stuff off and keeping me from getting soaked.

Out (2.07 miles) - 31:02.35 (14:59 pace)
Back (1.93 miles) - 28:17.95 (14:40 pace)
Total (4 miles) = 59:20.30 (14:50 pace)
GVRAT miles = 91.141

I pretty much had the Waterway to myself.  On the return, I saw one individual on the south side of the Waterway heading east towards the Riva Row boat house.

After seeing a movie earlier this evening, at the same theater, I brisk walked four more.

Out (2.07 miles) - 31:17.54
Back (1.93 miles) - 29:02.17
Total (4 miles) = 1:00:19.71
GVRAT miles = 95.141
On pace at 19 days = 96.713

So I'm just a mile and a half off pace for making the total distance for the Great Virtual Run Across Tennessee, which makes me glad.  Have to keep it up.

My reporting months go from the 25th to the 24th.  Why the oddity?  

One year after my grandfather passed away in April 2014 and I went back to Pennsylvania over Memorial Day to visit my grandmother, I ran four races in four days.

So through the evening of the 19th, I have the following numbers:

51.336 miles running
64.161 miles walking
23.085 miles walking (Apple Health)
88.1 miles cycling
2,442 meters rowing

The Apple Health "walking" is just miles on my feet other than what I run and walk.

With five days to go, I have my highest running and walking month - 115.50 miles so far - since last May/June and the most total "time on my feet" miles (138.58) since the same time.

I have some more work to do.

I've already signed up for a race for Saturday and have already checked with the event that we'll still run as long as there's no lightning or flooded streets.  Should be fun.

No comments: