Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Heading into Vacation; June 29, 2021


Still tracking towards vacation.  Just hope that I make the most of, but sure wish there was somebody to enjoy it with.  Oh well.

Two more nights on the Waterway for my miles.

Monday evening, I stayed pretty contained on The Waterway, but tonight I went over and back the bridge near North Shore Park twice as well as an out and back to Hughes Landing.

6.06 and 6.24 miles each of the last two.

I was telling my daughter, Waverly, this evening that I'm not even sure what the impetus was for me to sign up for the Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee this year.  

I have one theory, but I'm not sure how valid that it really was.

As long as I don't run into an injury, I'm still going strong and should be able to complete the mileage by the end of August.

Here's how things long right now:

May (31) GVRAT miles = 170.081
June (29) GVRAT miles = 148.23
Total GVRAT miles - 318.311
Ahead of pace at 60 days = 305.41 based on 621 miles (6.2 miles = 10K; 1000K)
Barely ahead of pace at 60 days = 316.18 based on 642.9 miles 

Again, Monday afternoon, I hope to be on South Miami Beach to run eight miles with Robert "Raven" Kraft.

Everybody that finishes the eight miles gets a nickname.  I have hope for a certain one.  We'll see.

Robert said in a Facebook comment on a post from Monday that he's given out 3,443 to date.

Could be one of the craziest things that I've ever done other than ... 1.) three races in a day, 2.) three races in three states in three days (AR, LA, TX) and who knows what else.

No comments: