Thursday, July 1, 2021

Wednesday Work Done; July 1, 2021


Blogging here on Thursday afternoon about Wednesday's efforts.

During the morning, I pushed away from the desk twice to record 1.01 miles in 15:13 and 15:06, respectively.  Both of these were before noon.

I then posted 11.3 miles on my Air Assault bike in 33:25 before I eventually ended up, after getting a bite to eat at Mod Pizza, up on The Woodlands Waterway.

I needed to get a couple of miles to put more than the halfway point of the GVRAT so I got four miles exactly in 1:00:12.

Felt like I might have been moving a little bit quicker, but it wasn't to be.

May (31) GVRAT miles = 170.081
June (30) GVRAT miles = 154.25
Total GVRAT miles - 324.331
Ahead of pace at 61 days = 310.15 based on 621 miles (6.2 miles = 10K; 1000K)
Slightly ahead of pace at 61 days = 321.15 based on 642.9 miles 

Based on the development of Tropical Storm (and could be Hurricane) Elsa and its making its way to Florida on Monday at some point, I will not be running the 5K in the Orlando area that I've already paid for as well as running eight miles with Robert "Raven" Kraft.

I went ahead and cancelled by hotel for Maitland, Florida, near the race site, for Sunday night.

Therefore, I'll probably head back west after running the 5K in Orange Beach, Alabama on Sunday morning.

Changes.  They're inevitable.

Congratulations today to Jerritt Park's son, Brayden, for finishing second in the 3,000 meters at the AAU Region 17 National Qualifier in Webster earlier this morning, finishing in 11:34.83.  

He will advance to the National Junior Olympics meet to be held in Humble on August 2 - 7, 2021.  

Brayden will also compete in the 1,500 meters on Saturday.  He is the fastest qualifier of the field that is currently registered.

No comments: