Sunday, June 27, 2021

On-Call Weekend; June 27, 2021


So I haven't blogged in a couple of days now.  

Let it be known that I dislike the weekends I have to take call for work.  I feel so grounded.

Friday evening, I had to stay close here to the house.  

I started to get out and walk and nature called twice.  

Therefore, my effort for the evening was broken into three separate times.

1.59 miles in 24:14.
1.87 miles in 28:06.
2.00 miles in 30:16.

A total of 5.46 miles in an hour, 22 minutes and 36 seconds.

Saturday, I tempted fate and went to go do Run The Woodlands 5K at Barbara Bush Elementary.

I was able to make it to the race site too far in advance really, but the race got started on time at 8 a.m., I got the race in and then headed back.

Always good to see Vincent Attanucci and Ken JohnsonDavid Keithley from the Seven Hills Running Club was also there and looked to have run pretty well.

First mile was pretty normal, 9:44.36, and then it went downhill from there.

I ran 22:06.06 in the remaining 2.1 miles for a total time of 31:50.42.

Sure, it was humid, but I felt like I was moving a little bit better than what the time reflected.

I stopped and got breakfast at Whataburger before I made it home and then once I did get back here, I watched the online stream of Lauren Stroud competing at DekaFit Jacksonville.  Fascinating to see.

Lauren is such a class act.  Great to see her perform on that level playing field and have fun doing it.

Saturday evening, I thought about getting back out and putting some more feet to the pavement, knowing I need 5.25 a day, but decided not to.

Instead, I rode 10.4 miles on the Air Assault bike in 30 minutes, 49 seconds.

And then, this afternoon, I went out again in my subdivision to get some miles in and rain took over my plans.

I got 3.0 miles even on the Strava app in 43:52, but I had to get at least another 0.6 miles to run home for a total time of 51:43.60 on my watch.

I will go with that on my mileage for #GVRAT.

If I don't add any more today, this is where I stand.

May (31) GVRAT miles = 170.081
June (27) GVRAT miles = 135.93
Total GVRAT miles - 306.011
Ahead of pace at 58 days = 295.23 based on 621 miles (6.2 miles = 10K; 1000K)
Barely ahead of pace at 58 days = 305.64 based on 642.9 miles 

All good.  I'm happy.  It is just for me and nobody else.  And am getting excited about vacation.

No comments: