Sunday, June 20, 2021

Little Longer On The Waterway; June 20, 2021


I've alluded to having a long distance goal before the end of 2021, but I'm not willing to disclose exactly what it is yet.  (And will never discuss the motivation.)

However, it is incumbent upon me to get an increasing amount of time on my feet each week.

Last Sunday, I wanted to go two hours, but lasted just under 1:47.  1:46:59, to be exact, for 7.33 miles according to the Strava app.

Today, my goal was two hours and 15 minutes on my feet - and to do so in the heat, even though my race might not be.

I'm still out of pocket regarding my church attendance, especially without a church home.  

It is something that I need to work on more.

I'm thankful to God for giving me an avenue, this year's Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee, to try and focus on something to maintain and improve my health.  

Just need to get the quality of what I eat in line.

However, I did try on my green "L" polo shirt and it is at a point where I'm able to wear it again.

Therefore, I'm back to where I had been about two years ago.  I had added a little weight after the initial three months of the pandemic, but after 271 miles in May and so far in June things are looking better.

Now, if my speed would come more into line, that would be amazing.

I started from Town Green Park at around 10:30 a.m. this morning and put 8.73 miles down in 2:06:24. 

May (31) GVRAT miles = 170.081
June (20) GVRAT miles = 101.67
Total GVRAT miles - 271.751
Ahead of pace at 51 days = 259.60 based on 621 miles (6.2 miles = 10K; 1000K)
Right on pace at 51 days = 268.75 based on 642.9 miles 

I ended up going all the way over the bridge and into North Shore Park and back, over to Hughes Landing and then over and back the bridge a second time before returning to The Waterway.

Got real close to my 2:15 goal, but once I got close to where I had parked my car -- across from the Riva Row Boat House -- I wasn't going to go and do an eight-minute out and back to get there.

I was happy to make the progress that I did today.

Pretty much enjoyed my Father's Day today.  

Took my parents out to eat last night to the Cheesecake Factory.  They wanted to go somewhere different than the Olive Garden.  Trust me that I was OK with that!

Had breakfast this morning - before going out to walk - and continue to make headway in the latest book that I've been reading, "Two Hours:  The Quest to Run the Impossible Marathon."

After returning home from walking - and gathering some information for tomorrow's LSCSN (Lone Star Christian Sports Network) News and Notes, I got cleaned up and went to Star Cinema Grill in Springwoods Village for my 52nd movie of the year, "Peter Rabbit 2 The Runaway."  

It was good.  Felt like a little bit of a kid again.  No harm in that, right?

Worked on a few more things - including finishing up my 30th book of the year, then Waverly and I went to Woodson's Local Tap + Kitchen just off of the Grand Parkway near the new Regal Benders Landing theater.

Great meal and then she gave me a card, with a gift certificate to Fleet Feet and a new book, "The Listening Road:  One Man's Ride Across America To Start Conversations About God".  

Have already worked through the first 32 pages and it's pretty good.

Have a great Monday if you're reading.

No comments: