Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Monday on The Waterway; June 21, 2021


After work Monday evening I went and got in my brisk walk along The Woodlands Waterway.

With rain threatening, I parked near the Riva Row Boat House, in the middle of the Waterway, in case I needed to bail fairly quick.

I carried one of my lightweight The Woodlands Marathon jackets with me in case it rained, but it never did.

I was aiming for an hour and a half, which should have given me six miles, but the where I walked and where I was as I got close to returning to my car, I stopped a bit short of that.

But not by too much.

I covered 5.86 miles in 1:22:33.  It moves me to the following numbers for the last two months:

May (31) GVRAT miles = 170.081
June (21) GVRAT miles = 107.53
Total GVRAT miles - 277.611
Ahead of pace at 52 days = 264.69 based on 621 miles (6.2 miles = 10K; 1000K)
Slightly ahead of pace at 52 days = 274.02 based on 642.9 miles 

Seventy (70) days to go and I need to continue to put a few miles in the bank, but am happy with the progress.

I'm sure there's a few people out there who don't think I can do it, but they can go fly a kite.

Great to see the progress of our friend Curtis Barton of The Woodlands and the Seven Hills Running Club.

He just passed the five-day mark of the Heart of the South road race, a 322-mile journey from Gaffney, South Carolina to Castle Rock, Georgia, at 314 miles with another 18 to go to finish.

Overnight, he moved up from fourth to second place.

He's going to have some stories to tell, for sure, when he gets back.

Well done, Curtis.

No comments: