Thursday, December 7, 2023

Regular Brisk Walk along The Waterway; December 7, 2023


Love to write, but just never seem to have the time as I stay busy in so many different areas.

So over the last six months, I've been working to not only maintain my activity level but count calories.

I think it has paid off, but I still have more that I'd like to accomplish.  Just overall fitness, not necessarily race times.

Just got back from walking right at 4.2 miles along The Woodlands Waterway.

I start down at Barry Blanton's former run aid station for Ironman Texas and go all the way to Northshore Park and come back, staying on the north side of the Waterway.

Clipped it off today in 1:03:32 - right at 15:10 per mile - while listening to a couple of podcasts.

One fun note from today is that I wore this thermal top that I've had for some time.

One of my nine Chevron Houston Marathon finishes I had trained the right way - one of few, for sure - and had done a Yasso 800 session that I was in the 4:30-range.

I wore the same shirt, covered by the New York Marathon race jacket that I had bought a few years before, expecting a cold front to blow threw mid-race.

The thing is:  the front didn't come through (which meant that it stayed humid the entire race) and I wasn't comfortable enough running in just the shirt because it hugged my body in an unforgiving way.

Today?  Fits pretty good and wasn't bothered to wear it only.

So a lot of progress.

I don't know if I'll make it there, but one is to be able to run a race without a shirt one time.

Hope to get in my regular elliptical work at 24-Hour Fitness (33-minute, weight loss routine) and I've recently tried to up my rowing to 20-25 minutes regularly.

Next race?  Depending on the weather, Spindle Tree parkrun 5K on Saturday morning.

No comments: