Monday, February 12, 2024

Everybody Can't Be A Friend


I had a new Facebook follower yesterday and he had indicated that he made a comment on a post that I had made.

I thought it was here, but it was actually on a comment that I made on a post in a specific parkrun race.

Nevertheless, I checked the comments here.

I never receive any notifications, so I didn't know that there were many out here to approve.

I approved all but these two - and obviously:


I think the majority of people think that everybody out there likes me.  They don't.

Everybody expects me to be the compliant individual for all of eternity.  Sometimes you reach a limit of what you'll tolerate until it is time to make a change.

I've walked away from a few situations; however, I spoke the truth about what transpired to cause those departures when asked about them.

All of those situations included some lack of adequate, timely communication.

And in those situations that I did leave, those that were affected were never any worse off.  There are other talented people other than me out there who stepped in and filled the roles that I performed.

At the end of the day, I don't even know if what I've shared and those comments are related.  I hope not, but if they are then I know who to avoid - and for my daughter as well too.

No comments: