Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Wednesday Miles; June 23, 2021


Twice today I decided to push away from my work desk and go walk a mile in the subdivision I live in.

That got me 2.01 miles, right at 15 minutes per mile.  

It was hot out, especially the second mile, which came at around 4:15 p.m.

I then went to The Woodlands Waterway at around 7'ish and added another 3.91 miles in 56:32.  

I wasn't going to do the four-mile route that I always used to do because it would force me to cross Lake Woodlands and slow me down a little.

Plus, with all that's happened since last Thanksgiving, the spot by Fleet Feet is nothing but a bad memory anymore.

So I either go over the bridge and back to and from North Shore Park or I walk around to Hughes Landing, but never get into that intersection that has Fleet Feet, Starbucks, etc.  

Again, a few bad triggers.

I went basically to the intersection - where The Waterway finishes by Whole Foods - then turned around and came back.

On the way out there, and as I approached where the finish line for The Woodlands Marathon is, I saw a gait that I clearly recognized.  

It was Waverly walking towards me.

She was just out taking a more leisurely stroll.  I would have walked with her, but we had different missions tonight -- and that's perfectly fine.

Here's where my numbers are for the Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee:

May (31) GVRAT miles = 170.081
June (23) GVRAT miles = 119.44
Total GVRAT miles - 289.521
Ahead of pace at 54 days = 274.87 based on 621 miles (6.2 miles = 10K; 1000K)
Slightly ahead of pace at 54 days = 284.56 based on 642.9 miles 

My 25th to 24th reporting period closes tomorrow.  I right now, since the 25th of May, have run 41.02 miles and brisk walked another 121.75 for 162.77 miles total.

It broke my record from the previous reporting period of 147.11.

Add in another 35 miles of light walking, I'll have over 200 miles on my feet -- also a new high.

I didn't cycle as much as I wanted.  Unless I hop on the bike tomorrow, I will have 122.70, but my high is 173.90.

However, I rowed a record 23,383 meters, but I could have done a lot more.

Friday, though, is the start of a new reporting period.

I have a spreadsheet that I developed to kind of motivate me a little bit.  Helps me keep things in perspective I suppose.

Just trying to be happy, even though there are some things that I'm a little sad about right now.

If you're reading and you communicate regularly with me, thank you.  

I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.  People think I have it all put together.  

I pretty much do, but it isn't all necessarily a bed of roses either. 

No comments: