Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Do Not Race List


28th Corpus Christi Half Marathon powered by American Bank, Corpus Christi, TX

The Corpus Christi Road Runners made a Cyber Monday offer on the event's Facebook page.  After carefully investigating that there was no race day registration or packet pickup, I made the following comment on the post (which the administrator of the page liked):  "Great offer. Have run it before. Would think about coming down from far north Houston, but without race day registration or packet pickup (would have to leave by at least noon on Friday to make it for 4 p.m. end of PPU) ... I'll pass."

Just checked today, December 27, as one of their posts was in my news feed, and they are now offering race day packet pickup.

If you've been putting on a race for 27 years, you can figure out - a month out - if you can offer race day packet pickup or not and stick to it.

Minden Run For St. Jude Half Marathon, 10K and 5K, Minden, LA

I ran this half marathon in 2015 and the timer recommended me to announce it earlier this year (2016).  When I agreed to do it, I offered that I would charge them my 10K rate as opposed to my regular half marathon rate.  When I was done and getting ready to leave for the day, I spoke with the race director and told her that I would submit my invoice that evening.  She said, "That's great as I want to be able to get our check out to St. Jude Medical Center right away."  I did and I was never paid for my services.

No comments: