Friday, July 2, 2021

Spring Creek Greenway Trail Thursday; July 2, 2021


Friday morning here and on the cusp of vacation that is going to be "make it up as I go".

I have to be in San Antonio on Thursday and Friday.

I have signed up for races in Lake Charles (Saturday), Orange Beach, Alabama (Sunday) and Orlando (Monday).

I cancelled my hotel in Orlando for Sunday night.

I think I will wait and see how things are on Sunday morning after I finish the 5K in Alabama and then decide from there.

My goal for the second half of the Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee is to run more miles than I walk.  We'll see.

Tried to start that late Thursday afternoon when I went to Dennis Johnston Park to run on the Spring Creek Greenway Trail.

While it was hot (88-89) and humid (so much so that steam was rising off the trail as it had rained recently before), my challenges were two-fold:  1.) trying to maintain a 5K pace of like 9:45 in those conditions (impossible) and 2.) trying to get my legs used to running more than brisk/power walking (for a workout).

I covered 4.48 miles in 50:19.12 - 24:32.35 out to the mile 11.0 marker and 25:46.77 back.

And after I was done, I was wiped out.

Had dinner at Cotton Patch Cafe afterwards, but fell asleep soon after once I got home.

Could have been the comfort food, but think it was more the draining conditions.

May (31) GVRAT miles = 170.081
June (30) GVRAT miles = 154.25
July (1) GVRAT miles = 4.48
Total GVRAT miles - 328.811
Ahead of pace at 62 days = 315.60 based on 621 miles (6.2 miles = 10K; 1000K)
Slightly ahead of pace at 62 days = 326.72 based on 642.9 miles 

Have a great Friday!

No comments: