Saturday, February 6, 2021

Don't Overlook A Sign From God To Your Next 5K


I have a pretty good life and I’m thankful for it.  

All of it, even the not so fun stuff.

I also like to laugh at the good things in life and I enjoy sharing them with all of you.

But here’s a lesson:  When you dream about a flat on your back left tire and you go out to your car that morning (where it’s 42 degrees) and the low pressure light is on – and a Discount Tire is within walking distance from your hotel, you get it checked out.

Before that, though, I did try to put a little air in three of the four tires and start to head out to Cayuga in northwest Anderson County for a 5K that the baseball program was putting on.

However, I thought that out beyond Tennessee Colony on Highway 287 that cell coverage might not be the greatest if I got a flat so I turned it back around to the Discount Tire here on the loop in Palestine.

The front two tires were wearing and really needed replaced, but the back left tire had a screw in it.

So that’s being done now (and actually they just called that they're done) – and maybe I’ll still get a run in before going up to Athens to catch a basketball game in a new Texas college, university or JUCO gymnasium at 2 p.m.

I can attest that my walk with Christ isn’t completely where it needs to be right now, but I’m thankful that He’s still looking out for me – and that I’m wise enough to see the signs especially when it hit me square in the face.

No comments: