Saturday, April 26, 2014

Corinth PD Foot Pursuit 5K Race Report


Next up - this morning - was the Corinth Police Department Foot Pursuit 5K to make it a race in my 95th Texas city or town.

I honestly can't say that I had ever heard of Corinth before seeing the event on a race calendar or two earlier in the week.

If you follow Texas high school football, Corinth is home to Lake Dallas ISD and the Lake Dallas Falcons.

With an 8:30 a.m. start, and staying just down I-35 in Lewisville near Vista Ridge Mall, I left around 7 a.m. and picked up my packet in plenty of time.

There was a pretty good cool breeze going at 7:30 a.m., but it didn't stick completely around when I came near the finish line at 9 a.m.

They got the race started on-time.  And even though Mapmyrun.com says that the course had an elevation gain of 59 feet, maybe it was the tired legs from yesterday that made it seem twice as hilly as yesterday.

We did almost an entire loop around Lake Dallas High School before heading out on a square course that featured three right-hand turns before a fourth turn back on to the Lake Dallas ISD grounds.

Obviously, the course had excellent police protection and great volunteers -- and plenty of them.

I was a little curious about the timing, because they were using an RFID system that I haven't seen before.  And they had a reader device at the halfway point too.

After an offset time of 10.40 seconds, Mile 1 was 9:52.89 (or at least where I saw chalk markings on the street) and the last 2.1 miles was 21:53.16.

This gave me a time of 31:46.05.

Nonetheless, Delta View Timing captured my gun time as 31:56.13 and my chip time as 31:45.89.  Can't complain too much about performance like that.

The course is here on MapMyRun.

The results are here.

No comments: