Thursday, July 11, 2013

Texas Endurance Sports Hour Update


As I mentioned in late April, I am aiming to start a weekly Internet radio program, geared towards running and triathlons, called the “Texas Endurance Sports Hour”.

The original plan was to host it on a Sunday afternoon at an area running or triathlon specialty store around the greater Houston area – and to start it in May.

I wanted to leverage Memorial Hermann Ironman Texas to get the program started and had discussed with Fleet Feet Sports store manager Mick Long to be able to do the first three programs from there.

However, I didn’t want interruptions in the summer time for two reasons – 1.) I wanted to be completely available to Waverly even though she was going to be gone two weeks to Africa and this week to youth church camp and 2.) I would be taking two weeks of vacation, including at least three Sundays.

My good friend Dan Morgan with LCSCN.com will produce the program and it will air over the Texas Sports Radio Network.  It looks as if now that it will air on Tuesday evenings live from Katch 22 Houston restaurant in the Heights and will follow the Lone Star Christian Sports Network’s “Chalk Talk Live”.

I’m looking for a few sponsors for the months of September, October and November.

It doesn’t take a ton of money to do this; however, I do need to make sure that I cover Dan’s time and then, if the listenership goes to where I think it can, get ad monies to be able to invest in my own broadcast equipment.

And then the plan is to take the program on the road and do special programming.

If you have a running or triathlon-related business, produce races or have some other entity that would benefit from being associated with me and such a program, please let me know.

I hope that this is something that everyone in the running and multisports community would be interested in having.

No comments: